Lisbon Summer School in Science, Society and Culture
September 9 – 20, 2013
Join us at the LxS 2013, the summer event of FCSH/NOVA’s graduate college. September 9 – 20, 2013.
LxS – Lisbon Summer School in Science, Society and Culture is a graduate summer event composed of:
– 5 courses on subjects of interest to contemporary societies, involving lectures and practical activities:
· Language hegemony
· Social policy in Europe: poverty, inequality and redistribution
· Global changes and urban-rural dynamics: challenges towards the resilient territory
· Port-city relationship: approaches, strategies and policies
· Cultural and heritage policies
Since the design of the courses is problem-driven, their structure blend theoretical lectures with practical sessions, some of which off-campus.
– 2 workshops on advanced communication skills:
· Preparing slides for a scientific communication
· Presenting a scientific paper
The Pedro Hispano Lisbon Graduate Conference, in which doctoral candidates are invited to present and discuss a piece of their research with scholars and fellow students. Panels are issue-based and interdisciplinary rather than discipline specific.
Further information on access requirements and registration is available at www.fcsh.unl.pt/phd/summer. Registration is open through September 3, 2013.
There is also available a Call for papers. More information: http://fcsh.unl.pt/phd/presentation/conference
Join us at the LxS, welcome to Lisbon and to FCSH/NOVA.